Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well, it's all over.

I shoulda seen in coming, hindsight being what it is, but I guess the baby in me thought it would go on forever. I stopped getting offered cookies, the presents stopped coming, Mommy started going back to work. Then yesterday I woke up from my nap and the Christmas Tree was gone.

I knew it was official when I woke up this morning and I heard the kids playing outside waiting for the school bus. I've always like watching the kids out my window when I wake up, but this time I was a little bittersweet, cuz I knew that it meant that Christmas was over.

So now it is back to the grind. Wake up, eat breakfast, watch Sesame Street, go bye-bye, come back for lunch, read books, take a nap, play, eat dinner, play, then milk-books-crib and it's another day in the books.

Repeat as necessary.

No comments: