Sunday, January 14, 2007

A New Adventure

Well, now I don't know about you, but things have been pretty exciting the last couple days on this end.

As soon as I got into Iowa City, I was immediately put up in a very nice room (funny, I don't remember making reservations - must be a new service from Travelocity.com). Anyway, the place was pretty full (BB game in town), so I ended up having to share a room with two other people. Cute couple - especially the guy. I find their names are Mom and Dad (short for Daddy). They have been SUPER nice to me, and we have really bonded. In fact, they have invited me to stay with them until I find a place of my own (knowing me, that will take 18 years ).

The hotel staff have been great too... they really seem to care about my well-being. It's the most elaborate turn-down service I have ever experienced. I'm not talking fresh sheets and a mint - you're looking at the whole shebang. Milk delivered every 3 hours, fresh clothes, medical check-ups, diaper service.

Speaking of the diaper service - the staff must have been busy so Dad offered to change me the first night we were there (such a sweetheart). It was a little awkward at first - the poor guy didn't really know what he was doing, but he tried really hard. I figured I would lighten the mood with a little joke... as soon as he got the old diaper off me, I let loose with a giant rush of pee (I'm such a lady). He freaked out initially, but it got a good laugh from the rest of the room. Unfortunately, the joke was on me as it got ALL OVER the cute little outfit I had on. Oh well, it was worth it.

The only complaint I have is the security. There are paparazzi EVERYWHERE!! I could barely open my eyes without a flashbulb going off. It was craziness!! I understand these people need to make a living, but sheesh, get a grip. I'm not THAT cute (well...)

Anyway, I got some food coming, so I gotta go.

-CM

No comments: